Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Been a While...

Workouts in the past 3.5 weeks or so...that's the best I can do timeline wise...normally I haven't been doing more than 1 workout per week...that's the beauty of unorganized running I guess. No lifting is a part of my schedule right now, but yoga 1-2 times per week. If I end up in better shape than I was in college I'm not sure whether to be proud or just sad:

first workout after a LONG hiatus:

3 x 1 mile on track... 1 minute rest b/w miles

6:03
5:57
5:53


2nd workout:
3x 1000 meters @ 3:24 pace on the track

3rd workout: 2 x 12 minute @ tempo pace... 1 minute rest b/w 12 minute intervals

4th workout: 2x 2.5 miles @ 6 minute pace... short rest ... 1.5 miles @ 6 minute pace

5th workout: 2 x 2 miles on the track @ 6 minute pace... 400 meter jog b/w intervals

SOO obviously very heavy on tempo workouts right now...that's my theme...I've been trying not to do workouts that are too fast because I don't feel that that is what's going to keep me in shape for a sustainable amount of time.

Recent races:
- 5k Ovarian Cancer Race in Raleigh (September 11, 2010)... time: 18:13 (2nd overall)
- 1 mile road race in downtown Raleigh (Magnificent Mile): 5:05 (4th overall)

I don't really have any concrete plans...I'm just going week by week and enjoying running/racing in NC. I am hoping that I can be a little more organized by keeping track of what I'm doing so that I can a concrete record!

-SSG

1 comment: